Here at Nu-Best® Whiplash Injury Center, Inc., we utilize Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) to diagnose injuries that standard x-ray tests often can’t detect. Doctors, attorneys, and patients can order DMX tests to diagnose such injuries and symptoms as whiplash, soft tissue injury, ligament damage, headache, and neck pain at our Tampa area clinic.
Whiplash is a soft tissue injury to the neck that is characterized by an assortment of symptoms, including headache and neck pain, that occur following damage to the neck. Whiplash may include ligament damage and injury to intervertebral joints, discs, and cervical muscles. In addition to neck pain and headache, whiplash symptoms include back pain, shoulder pain, joint pain, tingling, nausea, dizziness, and limited motion in your body. Common causes of whiplash include car accidents, sports injury, and work-related accidents. Here at Nu-Best® Whiplash Injury Center, Inc., located near Tampa, we utilize Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) technology to diagnose whiplash and other soft tissue injuries quickly and easily.
The most common cause of whiplash is car accidents. Car accident injuries occur in less than three milliseconds - too quickly for the body’s nervous system to react and protect - leaving only bones and ligaments to defend the body. The neck's structure is more vulnerable to injury than any other portion of the vertebral column. Since cervical bones are rarely broken, the ligaments are most commonly injured. It has been suspected that ligament damage occurs easily but, until now, it has been difficult to diagnose ligamentous injuries. DMX can demonstrate ligament damage and other soft tissue injury at our Tampa clinic in as little as 15 minutes.
Most whiplash victims experience neck pain as the result of ligament damage or injury to the neck muscles. Neck pain and other whiplash symptoms may appear immediately following the accident or may take several days to emerge. Although most victims recover within three months, some experience persistent neck pain that may require treatment. Another common symptom of whiplash is headache, which usually results from victims tensing their neck muscles to keep their head stable. In most cases, headache is felt behind the eyes, but it can also be experienced all over.
If you believe you are suffering from whiplash, contact our Tampa area clinic to schedule a DMX test. We can help you obtain the diagnosis you need so you can receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Whiplash is just a simple strain or sprain, like a sprained ankle, and will heal in six to 12 weeks.
- Minor damage to the vehicle means little or no injury to the occupant.
- The victim did not complain of pain at the scene of the accident, so if there was a whiplash injury, it must be slight.
- Permanent injuries from a whiplash-associated disorder are very rare.
- Since there are no objective abnormalities, the victim has no permanent whiplash injury.
- The victim is trying to get a big settlement for a minor injury. Once compensated, the whiplash symptoms and pain will go away.
- The victim had a pre-existing degenerative disc disease. All medical problems are due to the pre-existing condition and are totally unrelated to the collision.
- Men and women are equally at risk to suffer whiplash injury in a rear impact collision.
- With a high seat back or head restraint, it is impossible to get whiplash injury.
- The victim has continued to improve for 12 months, post accident. In another few months, he or she will be as good as ever.
- A whiplash injury does not affect a person's lower back.
Why do Whiplash Victims Need the DMX Test?
When you buy eggs, how often do you open the carton to check if the eggs on the inside are broken? Almost every time, right? You probably check the eggs because common sense tells you that you cannot determine the condition of the eggs by looking at the container. The same holds true for a person's body. You cannot determine an accident victim’s injury by simply looking at the outer shell of the car - the evidence for soft tissue injury and ligament damage lies in the victim's body. That’s where Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) at our Tampa clinic comes in. DMX provides demonstrable evidence of permanent whiplash, soft tissue injury, and ligament damage, helping victims receive the treatment they need and the compensation they deserve.
Sometimes where you feel pain is not necessarily where the injury actually resides. DMX can see these injuries and allows your doctor to properly diagnose them.
If you are suffering from whiplash, neck pain, headache, ligament damage, or soft tissue injury, contact our Tampa, Florida, area clinic today to schedule a Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) test. A DMX test may be able to provide the diagnosis you need.
How Can Doctors Use the DMX Test?
Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) at our Tampa area clinic helps doctors make an appropriate and accurate diagnosis for patients with soft tissue injury, whiplash, or ligament damage. DMX can reveal soft tissue injury in as little as 15 minutes by demonstrating abnormal movements of bones and joints. In addition, Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) allows doctors to:
- Support their diagnosis and prove why they are administering treatment.
- Make an informed, reliable, and accurate diagnosis.
- Improve patient understanding.
- Substantiate patient care.
If you are a doctor who would like to schedule a Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) test for you patient, please contact Nu-Best® Whiplash Injury Center, Inc. in the Tampa area today to make an appointment.
How Can Attorneys Use the DMX Test?
Attorneys must show proof of injury in order to receive compensation for their clients.
Before Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX), some attorneys were forced to settle for a much smaller amount because it was difficult to prove soft tissue injury and ligament damage with standard x-ray tests. Now, all that attorneys have to do is show the Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) results and insurance companies want to settle right away. Some attorneys have even collected policy limits for their clients by using DMX!
In addition, Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) can:
- Rule out fraudulent soft tissue injury claims by identifying stable ligamentous structures.
- Provide proof of soft tissue injury, whiplash, and ligament damage.
- Increase attorney referrals by qualifying as an expert witness in the use and interpretation of DMX.
- Allow attorneys to take control of their depositions, arbitrations, and courtroom presentations by providing evidence of soft tissue injury that could never be seen before. It also helps prevent 80 percent of an attorney’s practice potential from going out the door.
If you are a patient suffering from an injury, a doctor who needs to diagnose an injury, or an attorney who needs to prove an injury, a DMX test may be right for you. Digital Motion X-Ray® (DMX) can diagnose whiplash, soft tissue injury, and ligament damage at our Tampa area clinic in as little as 15 minutes. Contact Nu-Best® Whiplash Injury Center, Inc. to schedule a diagnostic test.